A Girl's Day Out



                                                                   Hello everyone,
                         We had a nasty day yesterday although not as bad as  the blizzard we were expecting .However it is still cold here today but nice and sunny. I think,I mentioned one day last week I was excited to be invited with some of my friends to Veronica's lovely home ~Gardenview B&B for breakfast. Now, I had been to Veronica's for breakfast before so I knew we were in for a treat but whenever I sat down at the table I thought I was at Downton Abbey-everything was so elegant!
That food was amazing, definitely the best breakfast I have ever had and the company was lovely too! Veronica loves to cook and uses all healthy organic food . Now, I took my camera but sadly I did not do it justice - I think I must have  lost my focus! 
The menu included home made granola with strawberries,an organic fruit compote with yogurt,delicious cranberry muffins and  black forest ham on an  english muffin with hollandaise sauce.Orange juice and tea were also served. and we even got to take a couple of muffins home with us.




Veronica is a very kind and gracious hostess and I envy her guests that stay at her beautiful home located on a quiet street in Charlottetown. So,if you are thinking of coming to the Island and are looking for beautiful accommodations with the Best breakfasts and the sweetest hostess check it out here. Be sure to read the testimonials so you will know I did not exaggerate!  After breakfast we enjoy a visit by the fireside-forgot to take pics of that.

                               After,Heather and I made a couple of stops at our favorite haunts. We enjoyed a lovely look around Lori's beautiful shop Time Worn Treasures and Antiques on the St. Peters Rd. in Sherwood.(my favorite in town). Everytime I go the shop looks different as things come and go pretty fast!
                  Not sure,how I was able to leave these beautiful dishes behind. Lori also sells the popular Jeanne d` Arc Living magazines.
             Lori has such a good eye for details and has such pretty displays all over the shop. Here,she is telling us how pretty this lamp would look with a bit of white on the brass.
                                                                Lots of treasures.
                            I love hoe there are always fresh flowers in the shop. The pink roses in the white trigs really caught my eye.
                                                            Love that window!
                                           There was lots more but you will have to stop by and see it for yourself!
                                          The camisole and pretty vase are two of my recent purchases from Lori but I have a couple more that I fell in love with and will show you later.
                                    Lori also has a beautiful blog where she shares pics of her home etc.-All things Chic 2  so you can check it out if you haven't already.
     Well, it was so nice to have a day out with friends-hope you enjoyed coming along.
                           Before you go have a cup of tea and a homemade biscuit and jam

                     My Mason Vista teacups are ready for you to have a cup of tea on this cold but sunny winter day.

Thank you for all your kind words on my last post~ I enjoyed them all!

Once again I am joining Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for Tea Time Tuesday.

Tonight we are going on a horse and sleigh ride with our little grandson Lucas his parents  and some other little Beavers and their families. We shall have to bundle up warm but I am looking forward to it.When our children were young it was a family event to go for a horse and sleigh ride for several years at Christmas time. Funny, I don't think they look back with as fond of memories of it as I do!

Take care,
Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment