Green Gables Tour



                                                     Hello everyone!
     I hope you enjoyed your  weekend. We went for  a drive to Cavendish on the weekend and had a tour of Green Gables . You probably all know the story of the red haired orphan girl Anne of Green Gables made popular by the Island author Lucy Maude Montgomery. Anyway,because so many fell in love with the Anne series of books which are mainly set in our beautiful little province of Prince Edward Island we do have a lot of visitors from all over the world come to enjoy visiting Green Gables and other landmarks made popular by L.M.Montgomery.
  So let's go inside and have a look around,shall we?
  This is the formal parlour where guests were entertained.
                     The dining room-sorry for the white out.
                      Another corner of the parlour-notice the needlework mantel scarf.
  The pantry has some pretty china-love that transferware.
                                 Anne's bedroom and her dress with the puffed sleeves she so desperately wanted.
“Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we know all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?But am I talking too much? People are always telling me I do. Would you rather I didn't talk? If you say so I'll stop. I can STOP when I make up my mind to it, although it's difficult.”
― 
L.M. MontgomeryAnne of Green Gables

  Matthew's bedroom

  Where  'women create room'!
   I love the cosy look of these geraniums growing on the windowsill in Marilla's kitchen

  A side view.
  The barn.
  We went for a walk on the Balsam Hollow Trial.Above is a photo of Lucy Maud.
 After a tour of Green Gables we went on to Avonlea Village but they were closing so I only got a few shots for you. I love this church.

 “There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting.” 
― L.M. MontgomeryAnne of Green Gables

 “Miss Barry was a kindred spirit after all," Anne confided to Marilla, "You wouldn't think so to look at her, but she is. . . Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
― L.M. MontgomeryAnne of Green Gables
                       The flowers at Green Gables.
     Lover's Lane.
    I enjoyed all of Lucy Maud Montgomery's books as a girl and often plan to reread them but haven't yet. I do love to watch the Anne movie every year though and never get tired of it.Lucy Maud had a very creative imagination and we are proud to claim her as our own!

Thanks for coming along with me.

Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment