Welcome March!



                                                                     Hello Everyone,
                                                March has come in like a lamb here and I am  happy to turn the page onto this month that brings us both of Spring and Easter. I enjoy all the seasons but always look forward to spring the most.
      However, this was the beauty we enjoyed on our morning walk on our little road yesterday.Yes,our soil is red -it is Anne's Land after all!
 
" I've always heard that Prince Edward Island was the prettiest place in the world, and I used to imagine I was living here, but I never really expected I would. It's delightful when your imaginations come true, isn't it? But those red roads are so funny. When we got into the train at Charlottetown and the red roads began to flash past I asked Mrs. Spencer what made them red and she said she didn't know and for pity's sake not to ask her any more questions. She said I must have asked her a thousand already. I suppose I had, too, but how you going to find out about things if you don't ask questions? And what does make the roads red?"

 Quote from Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery.

 The answer to Anne's question is a high level of iron oxide.

                            We had a heavy white frost yesterday making the trees look very pretty.

             We enjoyed our morning walk on our quiet country road and it was lovely to chat with my neighbor/friend who was also enjoying the fresh air and make plans to get together for tea.
                                                           
                                                               Now,let's think spring!
                                                                      and Easter




    This little spring chicken is cute enough to be real.

      So, now I am off to enjoy this mild winter day with the promise of spring in my heart!

    I am joining My Romantic Home for Show & Tell Friday.

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

     Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment